Monday, January 19, 2009

No.....I'm not.....ok, I am

I can remember so clearly when I found out I was pregnant. I was so terrified. What would everyone say, my parents, my sisters, friends and coworkers. This is not how it's supposed to be. You are supposed to be married, a good job, a house in the suburbs. Now what do I do? The world has come along way from my grandmother's and even my mothers day. But still, there is so many times a stigma that comes with a single woman being pregnant that is very definately a negative view. I'm guilty of it myself.

Strictly speaking, I'm pro-choice.. I feel every woman should make her own decision about what will effect her body and her life. We all must stand before our Lord on our judgement day to answer for our decisions. That being said, personally, I could never consider it. I was not a starry eyed teenager. In fact, I had celebrated my 24th birthday days before. But an unplanned pregnancy is not what I had in mind. I remember saying to friends much later that I know that God had a plan for me. I was having difficulties in my life and God, in his own way, gave me an opportunity(and many would say a second chance) to prove that my life was a worthy one. He gave me my son. God, in His ever so subtle way said....."I'm giving another shot...Don't blow it." Hopefully, I will have proven myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment